Bring your students for a field trip so fun, they won’t even realize they’re learning! School field trip programs are available for public, private and home schools. Minimum 20 people.
Lesson plans are provided and divided into units based on each demonstration they’ll see throughout the day:
• Guided Caverns Tour
• Panning for gems and minerals at the sluice
• Candle-making Demonstration
• Each student will dip their own candle to take home
• Lye Soap-making Demonstration
• Grist Mill History and Demonstration
• Nature trail
• Scavenger Hunts are also available for kids to earn a free Rock Crystal Candy stick
Lesson plans are divided into units, each covering a specific topic. They
include background information for the teacher and students, artwork for
reproduction, post-lesson quizzes with answer keys, and additional activities.
Free Lesson Plan: Village (1mb pdf*)
Free Lesson Plan: Cave (1mb pdf*)
* You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the lesson plan.
To download a free copy of Acrobat Reader, click here.
There is also a cave-only program that includes the one-hour guided caverns tour only. Minimum 15 people.
Fill out this quick form and we will contact you with pricing
and available dates as soon as possible.